The staff and governors of Cadle Primary fully recognise the contribution it makes to safeguarding children; the welfare of all pupils in this school is a priority. We believe that our school should provide a caring, supportive and safe environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of each child by the provision of a curriculum and ethos which promotes self-worth, confidence and independence. No child can learn effectively and reach their potential unless they feel secure.
The aims of the school are:
- to ensure that all pupils know that they will be listened to and have the means to communicate any concerns which they may have;
- to raise the awareness of all staff and volunteers in the school to the need to safeguard pupils by identifying children who may be at risk of harm;
- to emphasise the need for staff in this school to work in partnership with other relevant agencies (particularly Social Services Department and the police) and to support them in carrying out their statutory duties;
- to ensure that staff are clear about their individual responsibilities for reporting concerns and understand reporting procedures;
- to ensure that the school and governing body practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers working with pupils;
- to provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm.
The Schools Safeguarding Policy in the main policy section on the website under Key Information
The Schools Child Protection Officer is Headteacher Mr Jamie Richards and in his absence the Deputy Headteacher Mrs Claire Jones
The Governor responsible for Child Protection is Mrs Junnine Thomas - Walters.