Spring Topic - Mods and Rockers
This term we are learning all about the 1960's with our Topic 'More than Mods and Rockers'.
This project has a history focus and teaches children about life in the 1960s including significant social, cultural and political
events of the time. At the heart of this project the children will learn how to write scripts and will develop additional skills in
writing newspaper reports of historical events.
In the Innovative Stage children apply their skills and understanding by producing a documentary programme on the
theme of Space and the first Moon landing.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the Moon, the Sun and other planets of the solar system;
• How to order things chronologically;
• About musical culture and influences of the 1960s;
• About significant historical figures and events of the 1960s;
• How to use a range of artistic skills to create ‘Pop Art’;
• How to use ICT to source information and present their
• How to write scripts.